Title /Qualifications: Dr./PhD,M.Sc.,B.Ed.
- Dr. Jane Kieru,Barriers to Self-efficacy in HIV Prevention among People Living with HIV and AIDS in Thika District, Kiambu County, Kenya.,24th July 2014.
- Jane Kieru Co-authors: Dr. L. Ngige & Dr. G. Msangi, Socio-cultural barriers to HIV prevention in the context of Gender-Based Violence among People living with HIV and AIDS in Thika District, Kenya. Nairobi, Kenya, 1st-3rd August, 2012
- Dr. L. Kathuri. Co-authors: J.Kieru, J. Muriithi & P. Ndayala, From Replication to Analysis: Experiences of the Adoption of Innovative Assessment and Evaluation Strategies by the Department of Community Resource Management & Extension, Kenyatta University Canada
- Jane Kieru, Co-authors: Dr. L. Ngige & Dr. A. Ondigi , Selected Factors Associated with Reproductive Behaviour among Low Income Mothers in Kiandutu Slum, Thika, Kenya, Mombasa, Kenya 20th -24th July 2010
- Self, 2003-2008, Selected Factors Associated with Reproductive Behaviour among Low Income Mothers in Kiandutu Slum, Thika, Kenya.
- Self, 2010-2013,Self Efficacy in HIV Prevention among people living with HIV and AIDS: A case of Prevention with Positives in Thika district, Kenya Kenyatta University (Tutorial Fellow Research Grants)
- Kenyatta University, 2011-2015(KU) & University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) (Part of KU team), An Evidence-Based Approach to Enhancing Kenyan University Student Training and Preparation for Professional Practice, Canadian International Development Research Centre
- Self, 2010-2013, Self Efficacy in HIV Prevention among People Living with HIV and AIDS: A Case of Prevention with Positives in Thika district, Kenya Kenyatta University (Tutorial Fellow Research Grants)
- Kenyatta University (KU) & University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) (Part of KU team), 2011-2015, An Evidence-Based Approach to Enhancing Kenyan University Student Training and Preparation for Professional Practice Canadian International Development Research Centre
Publications and book chapters
- Jane N. Kieru, Lucy W. Ngige & Alice N. Ondigi,2015:Factors associated with reproductive behavior of low income mothers in Kiandutu slum in Thika Municipality, Kenya.Asian Social Science Vol. 11 No. 24 2015,Doi: 10.5539/ass.v11n24p350,ISSN1911-2017; E-ISSN 1911-2025
- Kathuri-Ogola, L.,VanLeeuwen, C.,Kabaria-Muriithi,J., & Weeks, L. E. Kieru,J.& Ndayala, P.2015:Supervision challenges encountered during Kenyan university students’ practicum attachment.Journal of Education and Practice. www.iiste.org vol. 6, No. 17, 2015ISSN 2222-1735 (paper) ISSN 2222-288X (Online)
- Kieru,J.N. & Ngige L.W.2015:Social- cultural barriers to the prevention of HIV and AIDS in the context of gender based violence in Kiambu County, Kenya. In Mwaura P. (Ed). Gender-based violence: Multicultural Perspectives:Kenyatta University Press.In Press.
- July 2015: Reviewed a paper for Journal of Arts and Humanities on “Access to reproductive health service information among the youth in Korogocho slums, Nairobi, Kenya.
Community Work And Volunteer Experience
- Chairperson, Education Committee in Presbyterian Church of East Africa- Ridges Congregation (2015 January- to date).
- Youth Mentor, Presbyterian Church of East Africa- Ridges Congregation (Ongoing).
- Volunteer work with PLWHA in two support groups within Thika District, Kenya on imparting knowledge on issues on sexual and reproductive health behavior (2008-2012).
- A volunteer with a Children’s Home in Thika District- Ruiru. A Home for Orphaned and Vulnerable Childern (OVCs) due to HIV/AIDS related deaths of parents (1998-2002).
Last Updated on Friday, 26 August 2016 16:22