Prof. Judith Waudo
Title/Qualifications: Full Professor/ Phd
- Mucheru, P, Waudo J and Chege P ( 2016). Relationship between Maternal Knowledge on Exclusive Breastfeeding Practices Among Mothers with 0-6 Months in Kibera Slums, Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Heath Sciences and Research. Vol. 10 Issue 10 , pp. 221-228.
- Kamenderi M.G, Waudo J.N and Otengah W.AP (2015). Factors associated with Non-Compliance to Exclusive Infant Formula Feeding Among HIV-Postive Mothers in Nairobi, Kenya. African Journal of Health Sciences 28(3): 247-257.
- Gitau G, Kimiywe J and Waudo J. (2014). Investigating iron status of women: Iron status of reproductive age women. Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN 973-3-659-64062-2
- Maureen J Cheserek, Judith Waudo, Prisca J. Tuitoek, John Msuya and Joyce K. Kikafunda (2012).Nutritional vulnerability of older persons living in urban areas of Lake Victoria Basin in East Africa; A cross sectional study. Journal of Nutrition in Gerontology and Geriatrics. Vol 31;1 86-96
- Maureen J. Cheserek, Judith Waudo, Prisca J. Tuitoek, John M. Msuya and Joyce Kikafunda. (2012).Anthropometric Characteristics and Nutritional Status of Older Adults in the Lake Victorial Basin of East Africa Region: Sex and Age differences. South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 25. No. 2pp. 67-72.
- Onywera, O. Vincent, Adamo B. Kristi, Steel W. Andrew, Waudo Judith, Boit Mike and Trembley S. Mark (2012). Child Obesity and Fitness Levels among Kenyan and Canadaian Children from Urban and Rural Environments. A KIDS-CAN Research Alliance Study. Internation Journal of Pediatric Obesity Vol. 6 Issue 2 part 2 pp 1-6.
- Rayvisic M. Ndivo Judith Waudo and Fuchala Waswa (2012). Examining Regional Tourism Destinations Appeal: The Prospectives of Domestic Tourism Market in Kenya. Journal of Tourism and Hospitality. Vol. 1. Issue 5. 1000103
- Rayviscic Mutinda, Judith Waudo and Fuchaka Waswa (2012). From National to Regional Development Focus in KENYA: Examining the challenges and Opportunities. Tourism Planning and Development. Open access Journal.
- Vincent O. Onywera, Kirsti B. Adamo, Adrew W. Sheel, Michael K. Boit, Judith N. Waudo and Mark S. Trembley (2009) Physical Activity Transition in Kenya: Emerging Evidence of Physical activity transition in Kenya. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Oyunga-Ogubi MA, Waudo N. J. Afullo A and Olye S. O.(2009) Potential Role of Street Foods as Macronutrients Source among Low Income Groups in Nairobi, Kenya. AJFAND Vol. 9 No 5. ISSN 1684-5374 pp 1129-1145
- Gitau G, Kimiywe J and Waudo J (2008).Food Intake and Iron Status of Lactating and Non Lactating Mothers in Kenya. Book Chapter in book entitled, Gender inequalities in Developing Countries.
- Mbithe D, Kimiywe J, Waudo J and Orodho J. (2008).Promotion of Nutrition Education Interventions in Rural and Urban Primary Schools in Machakos District, Kenya: Journal of Applied Biosciences Vol. 6: 130-139 IS SN 1997-5902.
- Waudo J., Crossley M. and Mwirotsi M, Herriot A, Holmes A & Juma M. (2005).Research and Evaluation for Educational Development: Learning from the Prism Experience in Kenya. Book. ISBN 1873927207.
- Othoo D, Waudo J and Kuria E (2014) Dietary assessment of vitamin A and Iron among pregnant women in Ndhiwa Sub Hospital, Kenya. AJFAND, VOL. 14. NO.5 P. 1-15 ISSN 1684-5374
- Gitau Morris and Waudo Judith (2014).Factors Associated with Non Compliance to Infant Formula Feeding Among HIV-Positive Mothers in Nairobi, Kenya. African Journal of Medical and Health Sciences
- Mbakaya C.F, Nyambaka H., Waudo J, and Ndiege I.O (2011).Might the Time be Ripe to Redefine the Cause of Aids in the Light of the Emerging Evidence? Journal of Agriculture, Science and Technology Vol.13 No. 1, p1.
- Wanjihia V., Kiplamai F., Waudo J., and Boit M. (2009).Post-Prandial Glucose levels and consumption of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and saturated fats among rural population in Kenya. East African Medical Journal: vol. 86 No. 6; pp 259-266
- Waudo J. Kimiywe J. Mbithe D. and Maundu P. (2007).Utilization and medicinal value of indigenous leafy vegetables consumed in Urban and peri-urban Nairobi. African Journal of Food and Nutritional Security Vol.7. No. 4.
- Waudo J. Tuitoek P.I. Msuya J. and Kikafunda T. (2006) Nutrition and Food Security status of East African Women in the wetlands of Lake Victoria Basin: the Role of African Universities in improving maternal health. Chapter in MGD Book. (SBN 9966-776-05-2).
- Waudo, J, Kimiywe, J., Kung’u, J, Simitu, P and Owour B (2005). National Food Consumption Survey on Kenyan Adult Women, University Press. NAIROBI, KENYA. 65-78.
- Waudo J. Tuitoek P. Msuya T. and Kikafunda T. (2005) Food composition patterns, nutrient intakes and food security status of women in the wetlands of Lake Victoria. SAJCN Vol. 18 Suppl. 1.
- Mbakaya C. Waudo J. et al (2004) Micronutrient Zinc deficiency as a possible co-factor in the Transmission and Progression of HIV/AIDS in Kenya. AJ FA ND Vol 4. No. 2.
- Waudo J. et al (2002): Headteacher support Groups initiative within PRISM project in Kenya. Eastern Africa Socio Science Research Review Volume XVIII No. 1 pp.97-108.
- Waudo J. (2002). Home Economics in Kenya: Challenges and Perspectives. Curriculum and Technology Quarterly Journal. Volume 12 No. 1 p. 6-
- Waudo J. (2002). Nutritional Status of School Children in Kenya: The place for information Technology. The Southern Africa Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 15 No.2 Supplement.
- Kitsao P. and Waudo J. (2002). Health Education at Kitoon Primary School, Machakos District, Kenya, with reference to the Child to Child Approach. The South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 15 No.2 pp. 26-30.
- Waudo J.: Juma M., Herriot A., Mwirotsi M and Crossley M (2002).The Development and Operation of headteacher support groups in Kenya: A mechanism to create pockets of excellence, improve provision of quality community. International Journal of Educational Development 22(5) 509-526.
- Waudo J et al. (2002) CD Rom on Nutrition in Africa, Uppsala, Sweden
- Waudo J (2001) Information Technology in the Advancement of Nutrition in Africa. International Journal of Health Care Engineering. Vol. 9 No. 4 323
- Waudo, J.N. (1993): Changing Food Habits in Kenya, Alberta Home Economics Journal.
- Waudo, J.N.(1993):Home Economics Reflections and perspective in Africa. Canadian Home Economics Journal 43(4) 150-152.
- Waudo, J.N. and Amos,R. (1986):Food choices and consumption Patterns of East African Students at Iowa State University. Journal of Home Economics.
- Waudo J. Tuitoek P, Msuya J. and Kikafunda J. Food Consumption Patterns and Nutrition Status of Women and Children. African Journal of Environmental Studies and Human Sciences.