Title/Qualifications: BSc, Msc, PhD
- Juliana Kiio, S.Ochola, E. Kuria and R. Nduati. Bioequivalence of Micronutrient Powders to Conventional Fortification on Serum Zinc Levels IUNS 21st ICN International Congress of Nutrition at Buenos Aires, Argentina 15-20th October 2017 at the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Centre.
- Juliana Kiio, S.Ochola, E. Kuria and R. Nduati. Is Home Fortification Effective on Improving Serum Zinc Levels Among Moderately Malnourished Children – A Case of Thika Urban Slums, Kenya. National Food and Nutrition Symposium “Mainstreaming Nutrition Innovations for Sustainable development” November 23 – 24, 2016, Nairobi, Kenya (Oral Presentation).
- J. Kiio, S.Ochola, E. Kuria, R. Nduati and J. Okoth. Micronutrient Powders: Does the Anti-Nutrient Content Affect the In Vitro Bio-accessibility of Iron and Zinc? Integrated Nutrition Conference, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), November 14-15, 2016, Nairobi, Kenya, (Oral Presentation).
- Juliana Kiio:Community Screening and Assessment of Dietary Intake for Food Supplementation among Malnourished Children Aged 6-36 Months in Thika Urban Slums, Kenya.1st Global Conference on Patient -Centered Care at Kenyatta University; Nairobi, Kenya.29th September -2nd October 2015
- Juliana Kiio:Dietary Intake, Iron and Zinc Status of Moderately Malnourished Children Aged 6-36 Months in Thika Urban Slums, Kenya.Federation of African Nutrition Societies (FANUS) 3rd Conference, Arusha, Tanzania.25th -29th May 2015
- Juliana Kiio: Generation of chicken antibodies for the immunochemical detection of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) proteins Nairobi, Kenya 3rd to 6th May, 2011NCST
- J. Kiio and B. De Meulenaer. (2014). Generation of chicken antibodies for the immunochemical detection of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) proteins. The National Council for Science (NCST)- 4th Annual Conference for Dissemination of Research Results and Exhibition of Innovations held between 3rd to 6th May, 2011.Conference proceedings.
- J. Kiio and B. De Meulenaer (2011). Immunochemical detection of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) proteins using chicken antibodies. Food and Agricultural Immunology, 1-10.
- Bioequivalence of Micronutrient Sprinkles to Corn-Soy Blend on Serum Zinc Levels of Children Aged 12-36 Months in Kiandutu Slums, Thika District
- Evaluation of the potential for an Eco-friendly Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture (UPA) system. A collaborative project (Expertise: Food and nutrition security) – On-going.
- Member of the committee reviewing the Kenyan Food Composition databases co-ordinated by FAO, KALRO and MoH- On-going.
- Acceptability of Wheat and Maize Flour Fortified using Different Iron Fortificants (Sulphate, Fumerate, EDTA), 2010. A project funded by Flour Fortification Initiative (FFI). This work was published : Randall, P., Johnson, Q. and Verster, A. ( 2012 ). Fortification of wheat flour and maize meal with different iron compounds: Results of a series of baking trials. Food & Nutrition Bulletin. Supplement 3, Vol. 33, pS344-S359. 16p.
- Field supervisor in a National Large Country-Lot Quality Assurance Survey on Micronutrient Supplementation in Kenya by the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) and the Ministry of Health (MoH) from 10th to 22t.h January 2016.
- Field supervisor in a National Large Country-Lot Quality Assurance Survey on Micronutrient Supplementation in Kenya by the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) and the Ministry of Health (MoH) from 5th to 17t.h February 2014.
Workshops & Training
- FAO/INFOODS training on Food composition databases 17 – 20 November 2015 - Nairobi Kenya.
- Nutrition in emergencies module, Kenyatta University FAO/FSAU: training workshop may 3rd-6th 2011.
- Training of millers and regulatory staff on quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) in support of national flour fortification programmes and workshop on monitoring and surveillance for public health and nutrition managers organized by Flour Fortification Initiative(FFI)/smarter futures – 4-7 April 2011 Dar es salaam, Tanzania.
- Neglected and Underutilized Plant Species (NUS), Nairobi 24 - 28 November 2008 - Organized by Bioversity International and International Foundation for Science, Sweden.
- The 20th anniversary symposium on "Research in Applied Nutrition: Challenges and Expectations" in Brussels 3rd December, 2004 organized by Nutrition Third World and the Royal Academy of Overseas Sciences of Belgium.
Affiliation to Professional Bodies
- Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute (KNDI)
- African Nutrition Society (ANS)
- Nutrition Society (NS)
National and International awards and Recognitions
- 3rd best presenter in the 4th Annual Conference for Dissemination of Research Results and Exhibition of Innovations held between 3rd to 6th May, 2011, at KICC, Nairobi.National Council for Science (NCST 2011
Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 November 2017 10:17