Dr. Eunice Njogu
View full CV
Refereed journal papers
Sharon Jerop Koech * , Dr. Jackim Nyamari ** , Dr. Eunice Njogu *** (2021) Compliance To Hand Hygiene Standards Amongst Health Care Providers In Selected Public Hospitals In Uasin Gishu County, Kenya
* Research scholar ** Lecturer, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Kenyatta University *** Lecturer, Department of Food Nutrition and Dietetics, Kenyatta University International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 11, Issue 10, October 2021 208 ISSN 2250-3153 This publication is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution CC BY. http://dx.doi.org/10.29322/IJSRP.11.10.2021.p11823 www.ijsrp.org
- MURO, Maximillah Bitutu; NJOGU, Eunice; ORINDA, George.(2020). CAREGIVERS’ LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE ON INDOOR AIR POLLUTION AND ACUTE RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS AMONG UNDER-FIVES IN INFORMAL SETTLEMENT: MAKADARA, NAIROBI COUNTY. Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing, [S.l.], v. 5, n. 3, p. 1 - 23, aug. 2020. ISSN 2520-4025. Available at: <https://www.iprjb.org/journals/index.php/JHMN/article/view/1106>.
- Hussein SAMIRA, Eunice NJOGU, Drusilla MAKWORO(2020). Level of Knowledge and Utilization of Fortified Maize Flour byPrimary Food Shoppers in Mathare, Nairobi County, Kenya Korean Journal of Food & Health Convergence 6(2), pp.1-8. ISSN: 2586-7342 © 2020 KFHCA. https://www.koreascience.or.kr/article/JAKO202014254299725.page
- Nkingo Christine Kananu, Judith Waudo, Eunice Njogu (2020). Vitamin A Rich Foods Consumed For Dietary Intake and Supplementation Among Children Aged 12 To 59 Months in Gatunga Ward, Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya, Central African Journal of Public Health. Vol. 6, No. 2, 2020, pp. 73-79. doi: 10.11648/j.cajph.20200602.14
- Kiome MR, Kimiywe J and Njogu EW (2019). Does Child Spacing Influence Nutritional Status of Children 6-59 Months? Journal of Pediatric and Womens Healthcare 2019; 2 (2) 1019: ScienceForecast Publications LLC., | https://scienceforecastoa.com/
- Akinrinmade R., Njogu, E. and Ogada, I., Oluremi O. Keshinro (2019). Effectiveness of Nutrition Education in Improving Maternal Knowledge and Attitudes towards Complementary Feeding Practices: A cluster-randomized controlled trial in Ondo State, Nigeria. ISSN: 2586-7342 © 2019KFHCA. http://www.kjfhc.or.kr doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.13106/kjfhc.2019.vol5.no4.1.
Mwangi P, Oyore JP, Njogu E. (2019). Association of children’s nutritional status with caregivers’ hygiene and sanitation conditions in Kiandutu Informal Settlements, Kiambu County, Kenya. Int J Health Sci Res. 2019; 9(10):275-280. http://www.ijhsr.org/IJHSR_Vol.9_Issue.10_Oct2019/43.pdf
Gikwa JN, Kimiywe J, Njogu E. (2019) Prevalence of Dietary Supplements use and Dietary Practices among Teachers in Public Secondary Schools in Kikuyu, Kiambu County, Kenya: A Cross Sectional Analytic Study. J Nutri Food Sci Forecast. 2019; 2(3): 1013. ISSN 2643-8186 https://scienceforecastoa.com/Articles/JNFSF-V2-E3-1013.pdf
- Gikwa J.N, Njogu E, and Kimiywe J. (2019). Use of dietary supplements among teachers in public secondary schools in Kikuyu, Kiambu county, Kenya: a cross sectional analytical study. Int J Health Sci Res. 2019; 9(9):146-153. www.ijhsr.org
- Akinrinmade R., Njogu, E., Ogada, I. & Oluremi O. Keshinro (2019). Effectiveness of Nutrition Education in Improving Maternal Knowledge and Attitudes towards Complementary Feeding Practices: A cluster-randomized controlled trial in Ondo State, Nigeria ISSN: 2586-7342 © 2019KFHCA. http://www.kjfhc.or.kr doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.13106/kjfhc.2019.vol5.no4.1
- Mwangi J, Njogu E, Kiplamai F. (2019). Physical Activity and Dietary Patterns in Relation to Weight Status among University Students in Nairobi County, Kenya.International Journal of Health Sciences & Research www.ijhsr.org Int J Health Sci Res. 2019; 9(8):411-418.
- Waweru G, Chege P, Njogu E. (2019). Pre-Conception Nutrition Knowledge and Attitudes among Female Undergraduate Students at Kenyatta University, Kenya.International Journal of Health Sciences & Research www.ijhsr.org 220 Vol.9; Issue: 7; July 2019
- Akinrinmade, R., Njogu, E. and Ogada, I. (2019). Effectiveness of Nutrition Education on Nutrient intake and Nutrition Status of infants in Ondo State, Nigeria. American Journal of Biomedical Science & Research ISSN: 2642-1747. www.biomedgrid
- Kenneth Kipngeno Tonui, Eunice Njogu & Agatha Christine Onyango,2018: Dietary intake of HIV-seropositive clients attending Longisa County Hospital Comprehensive Care Clinic, Bomet County, Kenya. South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Agnes Mwendia, Peter Chege and Eunice Njogu,( 2017).Dietary practices and nutrition status of adult pulmonary tuberculosis patients attending Nyeri County Referral Hospital, Kenya http://scholarsbulletin.com/
- O.J. Lateef, E. Njogu, F. Kiplamai, U.S. Haruna and R.A. Lawal, 2016. Determinants of Overweight and Obesity among Adolescent Students in Public in Kwara State, Nigeria.Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science volume 4, number 2 www.foodandnutritionjournal.org
- O.J. Lateef, E. Njogu, F. Kiplamai, U.S. Haruna and R.A. Lawal, 2016. Breakfast, Food Consumption Pattern and Nutritional Status of Students in Public Secondary Schools in Kwara State, Nigeria. Pakistan,Journal of Nutrition, 15: 140-147.
- Eunice Njogu, 2009, Household food Security Among Urban Farmers in Nairobi-Kenya (A chapter), Agriculture in Urban Planning: Generating Livelihoods and Food security, ISBN 978-1-84407-668-0, www.idrc.ca
- (2021) https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/author/peterson-warutereand-eunice-njogu Disregard coronavirus jab conspiracy theories
- Eunice Njogu (2020) https://theconversation.com/millions-of-kenyansgo-hungry-every-day-why-and-what-can-be-done-131782
- Njogu E.W (2016) Food and nutrition security e-learning course- for
EDULINK programme (eLEFANS Project)
- May 25th-29th 2015 Conference presentation: “Risk factors associated with osteoporosis among women aged 40 years and above attending orthopedic clinic at Mbagathi Hospital, Nairobi County, Kenya”- Arusha Tanzania
- July 30th - 2nd August, 2014 presented a paper : “Challenges of Obesity” at Kisii University Kenya
- Presented a paper titled ‘Enhancing farming practices for improved household food and nutrition security in Kamae, peri-urban area -Nairobi, Kenya’ in the Kenyatta University Annual Postgraduate Seminar June 2009.
- Presented a poster: ‘Comparison of food security and nutrition status of children in tea and non-tea producing households in Ndia Division- Kirinyaga District for the 18th International Congress of Nutrition Conference with theme ‘Nutrition safari for innovation Solutions. 19th –23rd Sept 2005.
- Presented the paper ‘Household food security and nutrition status of children in tea and non-tea producing households in Ndia division of Kirinyaga District in the Kenyatta University Annual Postgraduate Seminar October 2002
Currently Student supervising:
- Two PhD students (1) PhD student in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics and (1) in Public Health
- Ten (10) students pursuing Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Twenty (20) students pursuing Master of Science in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
Research and Consultancy
- 2014 January to 2016-Author for e-learning course Food and nutrition security- for EDULINK programme (eLEFANS Project)
- (2012 May) SMART Nutrition and Health survey done in Pochalla County Jonglei State South Sudan. Survey by Christian Recovery And Development Agency CRADA
- (2011 November ) Anthropometric and mortality survey done in Mandera County(Mandera North and East districts) Kenya. Survey done by Islamic relief in collaboration with Ministry of Health of Health and ARIDLANDS
- (2010 January to December) Worked with National AIDS/STDs Control Programme (NASCOP)-Kenya, to offer technical support to develop implementation protocol for the Suba Nutrition pilot and to monitor implementation as well as to document the process.-Carried out a Baseline survey, wrote and submitted the report to NASCOP.
- August to September 2010- supervisor in National Urban Food Security Assessment survey by Government of Kenya and World Food Programme (Nairobi and Machakos Kenya).Duties- training team members, coordinating teams in data collection and entry.
- 2008-training on Income Generation Activities and good nutrition to poor urban dwellers in Kasarani in collaboration with Small Enterprise Facilitation Initiative(SEFI).
- 2007-Training on Income Generation Activities and good nutrition to poor urban dwellers and people living with HIV/AIDS in Kasarani-Nairobi in collaboration with World Vision-Kenya
- 2003- Participated in a National survey by UNICEF and Kenyatta University Department of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics on suitable food vehicle for Vitamin A and Iron.