Dr. Eunice Njogu
Refereed journal papers
- Kiome MR1*, Kimiywe J2 and Njogu EW2 (2019). Does Child Spacing Influence Nutritional Status of Children 6-59 Months?. 1Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute (KNDI), Nairobi, Kenya. 2Department of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya. Journal of Pediatric and Womens Healthcare: ScienceForecast Publications LLC., | https://scienceforecastoa.com/
- Akinrinmade R., Njogu, E. and Ogada, I., Oluremi O. Keshinro (2019). Effectiveness of Nutrition Education in Improving Maternal Knowledge and Attitudes towards Complementary Feeding Practices: A cluster-randomized controlled trial in Ondo State, Nigeria. ISSN: 2586-7342 © 2019KFHCA. http://www.kjfhc.or.kr doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.13106/kjfhc.2019.vol5.no4.1.
Mwangi P, Oyore JP, Njogu E. (2019). Association of children’s nutritional status with caregivers’ hygiene and sanitation conditions in Kiandutu Informal Settlements, Kiambu County, Kenya. Int J Health Sci Res. 2019; 9(10):275-280. http://www.ijhsr.org/IJHSR_Vol.9_Issue.10_Oct2019/43.pdf
Gikwa JN, Kimiywe J, Njogu E. (2019) Prevalence of Dietary Supplements use and Dietary Practices among Teachers in Public Secondary Schools in Kikuyu, Kiambu County, Kenya: A Cross Sectional Analytic Study. J Nutri Food Sci Forecast. 2019; 2(3): 1013. ISSN 2643-8186 https://scienceforecastoa.com/Articles/JNFSF-V2-E3-1013.pdf
- Gikwa J.N, Njogu E, and Kimiywe J. (2019). Use of dietary supplements among teachers in public secondary schools in Kikuyu, Kiambu county, Kenya: a cross sectional analytical study. Int J Health Sci Res. 2019; 9(9):146-153. www.ijhsr.org
- Akinrinmade R., Njogu, E., Ogada, I. & Oluremi O. Keshinro (2019). Effectiveness of Nutrition Education in Improving Maternal Knowledge and Attitudes towards Complementary Feeding Practices: A cluster-randomized controlled trial in Ondo State, Nigeria ISSN: 2586-7342 © 2019KFHCA. http://www.kjfhc.or.kr doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.13106/kjfhc.2019.vol5.no4.1
- Mwangi J, Njogu E, Kiplamai F. (2019). Physical Activity and Dietary Patterns in Relation to Weight Status among University Students in Nairobi County, Kenya.International Journal of Health Sciences & Research www.ijhsr.org Int J Health Sci Res. 2019; 9(8):411-418.
- Waweru G, Chege P, Njogu E. (2019). Pre-Conception Nutrition Knowledge and Attitudes among Female Undergraduate Students at Kenyatta University, Kenya.International Journal of Health Sciences & Research www.ijhsr.org 220 Vol.9; Issue: 7; July 2019
- Akinrinmade, R., Njogu, E. and Ogada, I. (2019). Effectiveness of Nutrition Education on Nutrient intake and Nutrition Status of infants in Ondo State, Nigeria. American Journal of Biomedical Science & Research ISSN: 2642-1747. www.biomedgrid
- Kenneth Kipngeno Tonui, Agatha Christine Onyango & Eunice Njogu (2018). Household Food Security and Nutritional Status of HIV Sero-Positive Patients in Longisa County Hospital, Kenya. Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2(1): 33-41. ISSN 2415-5195 (Print).
- Kenneth Kipngeno Tonui, Eunice Njogu & Agatha Christine Onyango,2018: Dietary intake of HIV-seropositive clients attending Longisa County Hospital Comprehensive Care Clinic, Bomet County, Kenya. South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Kenneth Kipngeno Tonui, Eunice Njogu and Agatha Christine Onyango (2018) Household Food Security Status of HIV Sero-Positive Clients Attending Longisa County Hospital Comprehensive Care Clinic, Bomet County, Kenya, (publication under review by authors ready for submission to BMC Nutrition https://bmcnutr.biomedcentral.com/)
- Agnes Mwendia, Peter Chege and Eunice Njogu,( 2017).Dietary practices and nutrition status of adult pulmonary tuberculosis patients attending Nyeri County Referral Hospital, Kenya http://scholarsbulletin.com/
- O.J. Lateef, E. Njogu, F. Kiplamai, U.S. Haruna and R.A. Lawal, 2016. Determinants of Overweight and Obesity among Adolescent Students in Public in Kwara State, Nigeria.Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science volume 4, number 2 www.foodandnutritionjournal.org
- O.J. Lateef, E. Njogu, F. Kiplamai, U.S. Haruna and R.A. Lawal, 2016. Breakfast, Food Consumption Pattern and Nutritional Status of Students in Public Secondary Schools in Kwara State, Nigeria. Pakistan,Journal of Nutrition, 15: 140-147.
- Eunice Njogu, 2009, Household food Security Among Urban Farmers in Nairobi-Kenya (A chapter), Agriculture in Urban Planning: Generating Livelihoods and Food security, ISBN 978-1-84407-668-0, www.idrc.ca
- Njogu E.W (2016) Food and nutrition security e-learning course- for EDULINK programme (eLEFANS Project)
- Njogu E.W (2009) Book Chapter on “Agriculture in Urban Planning: Generating Livelihoods and Food security” in the book Household food Security Among Urban Farmers in Nairobi-Kenya (2009). Agropolis II Project by IDRC –Canada. www.idrc.ca
- May 25th-29th 2015 Conference presentation: “Risk factors associated with osteoporosis among women aged 40 years and above attending orthopedic clinic at Mbagathi Hospital, Nairobi County, Kenya”- Arusha Tanzania
- July 30th - 2nd August, 2014 presented a paper : “Challenges of Obesity” at Kisii University Kenya
- Presented a paper titled ‘Enhancing farming practices for improved household food and nutrition security in Kamae, peri-urban area -Nairobi, Kenya’ in the Kenyatta University Annual Postgraduate Seminar June 2009.
- Presented a poster: ‘Comparison of food security and nutrition status of children in tea and non-tea producing households in Ndia Division- Kirinyaga District for the 18th International Congress of Nutrition Conference with theme ‘Nutrition safari for innovation Solutions. 19th –23rd Sept 2005.
- Presented the paper ‘Household food security and nutrition status of children in tea and non-tea producing households in Ndia division of Kirinyaga District in the Kenyatta University Annual Postgraduate Seminar October 2002
Currently Student supervising:
- Two PhD students (1) PhD student in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics and (1) in Public Health
- Ten (10) students pursuing Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Twenty (20) students pursuing Master of Science in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
Research and Consultancy
- 2014 January to 2016-Author for e-learning course Food and nutrition security- for EDULINK programme (eLEFANS Project)
- (2012 May) SMART Nutrition and Health survey done in Pochalla County Jonglei State South Sudan. Survey by Christian Recovery And Development Agency CRADA
- (2011 November ) Anthropometric and mortality survey done in Mandera County(Mandera North and East districts) Kenya. Survey done by Islamic relief in collaboration with Ministry of Health of Health and ARIDLANDS
- (2010 January to December) Worked with National AIDS/STDs Control Programme (NASCOP)-Kenya, to offer technical support to develop implementation protocol for the Suba Nutrition pilot and to monitor implementation as well as to document the process.-Carried out a Baseline survey, wrote and submitted the report to NASCOP.
- August to September 2010- supervisor in National Urban Food Security Assessment survey by Government of Kenya and World Food Programme (Nairobi and Machakos Kenya).Duties- training team members, coordinating teams in data collection and entry.
- 2008-training on Income Generation Activities and good nutrition to poor urban dwellers in Kasarani in collaboration with Small Enterprise Facilitation Initiative(SEFI).
- 2007-Training on Income Generation Activities and good nutrition to poor urban dwellers and people living with HIV/AIDS in Kasarani-Nairobi in collaboration with World Vision-Kenya
- 2003- Participated in a National survey by UNICEF and Kenyatta University Department of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics on suitable food vehicle for Vitamin A and Iron.