Dr. Eunice Njogu
- Kenneth Kipngeno Tonui, Eunice Njogu and Agatha Christine Onyango (2018) Household Food Security Status of HIV Sero-Positive Clients Attending Longisa County Hospital Comprehensive Care Clinic, Bomet County, Kenya, (publication under review by authors ready for submission to BMC Nutrition https://bmcnutr.biomedcentral.com/)
- Agnes Mwendia, Peter Chege and Eunice Njogu,( 2017).Dietary practices and nutrition status of adult pulmonary tuberculosis patients attending Nyeri County Referral Hospital, Kenya http://scholarsbulletin.com/
- O.J. Lateef, E. Njogu, F. Kiplamai, U.S. Haruna and R.A. Lawal, 2016. Determinants of Overweight and Obesity among Adolescent Students in Public in Kwara State, Nigeria.Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science volume 4, number 2 www.foodandnutritionjournal.org
- O.J. Lateef, E. Njogu, F. Kiplamai, U.S. Haruna and R.A. Lawal, 2016. Breakfast, Food Consumption Pattern and Nutritional Status of Students in Public Secondary Schools in Kwara State, Nigeria. Pakistan,Journal of Nutrition, 15: 140-147.
- Eunice Njogu, 2009, Household food Security Among Urban Farmers in Nairobi-Kenya (A chapter), Agriculture in Urban Planning: Generating Livelihoods and Food security, ISBN 978-1-84407-668-0, www.idrc.ca
- May 25th-29th 2015 Conference presentation: “Risk factors associated with osteoporosis among women aged 40 years and above attending orthopedic clinic at Mbagathi Hospital, Nairobi County, Kenya”- Arusha Tanzania
- July 30th - 2nd August, 2014 presented a paper : “Challenges of Obesity” at Kisii University Kenya
- Presented a paper titled ‘Enhancing farming practices for improved household food and nutrition security in Kamae, peri-urban area -Nairobi, Kenya’ in the Kenyatta University Annual Postgraduate Seminar June 2009.
- Presented a poster: ‘Comparison of food security and nutrition status of children in tea and non-tea producing households in Ndia Division- Kirinyaga District for the 18th International Congress of Nutrition Conference with theme ‘Nutrition safari for innovation Solutions. 19th –23rd Sept 2005.
- Presented the paper ‘Household food security and nutrition status of children in tea and non-tea producing households in Ndia division of Kirinyaga District in the Kenyatta University Annual Postgraduate Seminar October 2002
Administrative Positions Held
- Postgraduate coordinator from January 2017- Department of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Examination Coordinator 2010 to 2013- Department of Foods, Nutrition & Diatetics
Currently Student supervising:
- Two (2) PhD students in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics and (1) in Public Health
- Ten (10) students pursuing Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Twenty (20) students pursuing Master of Science in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
Research and Consultancy
- 2014 January to 2016-Author for e-learning course Food and nutrition security- for EDULINK programme (eLEFANS Project)
- (2012 May) SMART Nutrition and Health survey done in Pochalla County Jonglei State South Sudan. Survey by Christian Recovery And Development Agency CRADA
- (2011 November ) Anthropometric and mortality survey done in Mandera County(Mandera North and East districts) Kenya. Survey done by Islamic relief in collaboration with Ministry of Health of Health and ARIDLANDS
- (2010 January to December) Worked with National AIDS/STDs Control Programme (NASCOP)-Kenya, to offer technical support to develop implementation protocol for the Suba Nutrition pilot and to monitor implementation as well as to document the process.-Carried out a Baseline survey, wrote and submitted the report to NASCOP.
- August to September 2010- supervisor in National Urban Food Security Assessment survey by Government of Kenya and World Food Programme (Nairobi and Machakos Kenya).Duties- training team members, coordinating teams in data collection and entry.
- 2008-training on Income Generation Activities and good nutrition to poor urban dwellers in Kasarani in collaboration with Small Enterprise Facilitation Initiative(SEFI).
- 2007-Training on Income Generation Activities and good nutrition to poor urban dwellers and people living with HIV/AIDS in Kasarani-Nairobi in collaboration with World Vision-Kenya
- 2003- Participated in a National survey by UNICEF and Kenyatta University Department of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics on suitable food vehicle for Vitamin A and Iron.