Prof. Judith Waudo
Waudo J. (2016). A report of Elefans project on E-learning in Nutrition and Food Security in higher Institutions in Eastern Africa
- Waudo J. ET AL 2015: Final Report on Food Loss Assessment of Potatoes, Cougettes and Avacado in Kenya, A report Presented to SNV Country Office.
- Waudo J. Et al 2012: On Action Review Report submitted to Unicef Kenya Country Office.
- Waudo J. 2013: Audit Report on HENNA Programme submitted Secretariat in German.
- Waudo J. Et al 2010. Sero Prevalence of HIV/AIDs among University students in Kenya: I.U.C.E.A. Project.
- Waudo J. et al 2007.Food Consumption and Nutritional Status of Adult men and Elderly Women in Lake Victoria Basin. A Vicres Report.
- Waudo J. Sleyn N. P. Nel J et al (2006).Dietary intake of adult women in South Africa and Nigeria with a focus on the use of Spreads. A Research Report.
- Waudo J. et at (2005): Food Consumption Patterns and Nutritional Status of Women, Pre school Children, Adult men and Elderly persons in the Lake Victoria Basin. A Vicres Research Report.
- 2002: Waudo N. Judith Gaseitsire B.M. and Chawanje C: Food Security from a woman’s and Child’s Human rights perspective. CD for Undergraduate students in Nutrition and Medicine.
- Waudo et al (2000) Cascade strategies leading to learning Organizations as a basis for the Measurement of Impact: Implementing Primary School A Research report for Ministry of Education, Kenya.
- Waudo J. and Juma M. (2000) An inquiry into the Headteachers Support Groups (HTSGS) within The PRISM Project, Kenya.
- Mwirotsi M., Waudo J.and Herriot A (2000) A report on the qualitative analysis of twenty four schools in Kenya. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Nairobi.
- Waudo, J. and Juma M. (1999). PRISM Follow up study, Impact Study MOE&HRD/DFID Project.
- Waudo, J. (1998):PRISM Analysis of Kenyan Primary School Action plans. A Research Report MOE&HRD/DFID, funded project.
- Waudo, J. (1998): SPRED II Special Studies Report on Parental Attitudes and Cost of Schooling in Primary Education, Kenya MOE&HRD/DFID project.
- Waudo, J. et al (1998):PRISM Impact Research Report MOE&HRD/DFID funded project.
- Waudo, J. and Juma M. (1998): PRISM School/Community Studies.Ministry of Education/DFID. Kenya, A Research Report.
- Waudo, J. and Juma M. (1997): A Handbook of Qualitative Research MOE, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Waudo, J. et al. (1997): PRISM Baseline. A Research Report of the Ministry of Education, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Waudo, J. (1995): Gender Perspectives on Food Security an Management of Environmental Health in Nairobi. A Research Report.
- Waudo, J. et. al. (1995): SPRED I: Strengthening of Education Enrolment in Primary Schools in Kenya. A Research. Report for MOE/ODA.
- Waudo, J.N. (1993): A study of the Mothers' Understanding and Use in Pre-Urban Areas, A Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Alberta,Edmonton, Canada.
- Capacity Building for Women and Girls for Life Long Learning in Kenya. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Grant
- Development of Food Based Guidelines. Vicres Sponsored Project. 1 year project. Project collaborators are Egerton University, Makerere University and Sokoine University of Tanzania, Department of Foods and Nutrition. Project value US$ 42,412.
- Kenyan International Development Study on Nutrition and Physical Activity (KIDS – CAN) 1 year project. Project collaborators are children’s Hospital of Ontario, University of British Columbia, Canada. Projects value $ 25,000 planning phase, Equipment $ 30,000.
- Baseline study on HIV/AIDS in Kenya Universities. Sponsored by Inter University Council of East Africa. 1 year project collaborators, Amref Project value US$ 93,000.
- Elfans Capacity Building Project in Food and Nutrition Security in East African Countries EUR 489,791.00.
Conferences And Workshops Attended
Waudo. J. Soft Skills in the promotion of Academic Mobility, a paper presented to members of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics staff, Kenyatta University, 14th January 2020.
Waudo, J. Food Security and Food Safety in Kenya: The role of Universities, a presentation at the International Food Safety Conference, Kenyatta University. 20-24th May 2019.
Waudo J: School Related factors affecting Academic Performance and Strategies to improve Academic Initia: Case of Navakholo Sub, County, A paper presented to Principals of Secondary Schools, Great Lakes Hotel, Kisumu, Kenya. 24th February 2019.
- 2017: Pre-Game International Symposium “ Enhancing Youth Sports for Good Health and Well-Being Kenyatta University Conference Centre, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2016: Final Edulink elefans workshop on implementation and sustainability measures of developed modules, databases and courses, Kenyatta Conference Centre, Kenyatta University, Kenya
- 2016: 2nd International Conference on Physical Activity and Sports for Health and Development in Africa, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya, 21st-23rd September.
- 2016: ISO Certification Awareness Seminar at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya, 15th September.
- 2016: 2nd Elefans E-Learning Training Kenyatta University, Kenya ,22-24th August.
- 2016: Basic Education Curriculum Framework Workshop, Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, 7th September.
- 2016: Launch of Global Nutrition Report. Theme: From Promise to Impact-Ending Malnutrition by 2030, Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya, 14th of June.
- 2015: Presenation of Final Report on Food Losses at SNV Headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya, November
- 2015: HortIMPACT Training of measurement of post-harvest food losses. SNV Headquarters, Ngong Road, Nairobi, Kenya. May 22-29.
- 2014: Edulink Elefans E-Learning Training Workshop in Nutrition and Food Security in Hiher Learning Institutions in East Africa, at Kenyatta University, Kenya. September 8th-12th.
- 2014: Edulink Elfans- Elearning Capacity Building in Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics. Kick off Workshop, University of Hawassa, Ethiopia, March 4th 2014.
- 2014: International Nutrition Conference, North Coast Hotel, Kilifi, Kenya. March 10-14 2014
- 2012: Food safety standards international conference, Inter- continental Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2013: Training on Smart Board use by members of Academic Staff at Kenyatta University.
Affiliation to Professional Bodies
- Member of information in the advancement of Nutrition in Africa (ITANA) Chairperson local chapter.
- Member of Kenya Nutritionists and Dietecian Institute
- Executive member of Home Economics Association for Africa.
- Member of Child Welfare Society of Kenya.
- Council member, Information Technology for Advancement of Nutrition in Africa.