Department: Fashion Design and Marketing
Contact Address: P.O. Box 438344-00100, Nairobi.
Tel.: +254-20-8710901/9 Ext 57221
Research Interests: e-Marketing in SMEs and application of IT in textile industries, Innovation and Technology transfer in the Textile Industry, The Knowledge Economy , Entreprenuership and Education.
Download Full CV
Area of Specialization: e-Marketing, Design &, Computer Aided Design( CAD) in Textiles. Innovation and Technology in Marketing and Merchandising.
- PhD Fashion Design & Marketing - 2014 Kenyatta University
- Masters in Business Administration, MBA (Marketing) -2007 Kenyatta University
- Bachelor of Education (Art) Fine Art - 1996 Kenyatta University
Wanderi,P., Kisato J. and Mwangi G. (2014) “University Based Incubation and Entrepreneurial Training Initiatives as an Intervention for Urban Youth Unemployment: The Case of Kenyatta University, Kenya.” . Published with OSSREA in April 2014.
- J. D. Rolle Ph.D., Bernardo Javalquinto Ph.D., Iris Billy Ph.D., Roberto Acevedo Ph.D., Jacqueline Kisato (Ph.D), Emmanuel Egbe Ph.D., KhasadYahu ZarBabal Ph.D., Wallace Ford, Eric Harter Ph.D., Erastus Mon’gare, Roger Kaufman Ph.D., and Shirley Grant Williams (2016). Exploring Corporate Social Responsibility with Global Community. Presented in Paris, France.
- Wanderi P., Kisato J. and Mwangi G. (2014). University Based Incubation and Entrepreneurial Training Initiatives as an Intervention for Urban Youth Unemployment: The Case of Kenyatta University, Kenya. Presented at Moi University on 5th -6th May 2014
- Kisato J., Wandaka I. and Muigai D.(2014). Utilisation of E-Marketing Strategies among Apparel MSEs in Nairobi, Kenya. Presented in the Clothing Textile and Apparel conference in Bahir- Dar University, Ethiopia 1st-3rd May 2014.
- Kisato J. and Wandaka I. (2014) .Social Media Marketing among Fashion Enterprises in Nairobi, Kenya. Presented in the Clothing Textile and Apparel conference in Bahir- Dar University, Ethiopia 1st-3rd May 2014.
- Kisato J. (2013). Towards a Fashionable Attire for Women’s’ Sports Marketing. Paper Presented at 2nd ASMA International Conference in the University of Dares Salaam, Tanzania, between 7th - 9th November, 2013.
Poster Presentation on Transfer of Technology (CAD & CAM) through Education and Training: a Total Quality Model (TQM).Presented at the International conference for East African cotton, Textile and Apparel (CTA) Value Chain to Develop competitiveness held in November 2011 in Mombasa, Kenya.
- Kisato J (2011). Education and Innovation in the Digital Age: Synergizing Technology and the Business of Learning. A paper presented at Kenya Institute of Education (KIE), June 2011.
- Kisato J. (2010). Technology in Curriculum Development and Delivery: A paper presented at KIE in February 2010 and published in the first KIE Education Symposium, 2010.
Trainer Google online Marketing Challenge 2013- Regional finalist in Africa & Middle East
Knowledge Partner –You WinAwards 2013: www. You WinAwards.com
Administrative positions held to date
- E-Learning coordinator- Dept. of Fashion Design & Marketing.
- Master Trainer Student Training for Entrepreneurial Promotion (Africa)
- Website Chairman- School of Applied Human Sciences.
- STEP trainer of trainers – School of Applied Human Sciences.
- Professional Mentor Chandaria Business Innovation and Incubation Centre, Kenyatta University.
- Committee member ODel- School of Applied Human Sciences.