Department: Fashion Design and Marketing
Contact Address: P.O. Box 438344-00100, Nairobi.
Tel.: +254-20-8710901/9 Ext 57221
Research Interests: e-Marketing in SMEs and application of IT in textile industries, Innovation and Technology transfer in the Textile Industry, The Knowledge Economy , Entreprenuership and Education.
Download Full CV
Area of Specialization: e-Marketing, Design &, Computer Aided Design( CAD) in Textiles. Innovation and Technology in Marketing and Merchandising.
- Rolle J.D, Billy I., Kisato J., Acevedo R., & Khasadyahu Z. (2017).The Cultural Genogram: Experiential Entrepreneurship through a Global lens. Academy of Business and Retail management, vol 8, No.4. ISSN 2047-2854
- Kisato J., Wandaka I. & Rolle J. (2016). Social Media Marketing in Micro and Small Fashion Enterprises in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Social Science and Business. http://ijssb.com/index.php/54-contact/102-vol-1-no-4-december-2016
- J.D.Rolle, Iris Billy, Jacqueline Kisato, Roberto Acevedo & Khasadyahu Zarbabal (2016). Preparing Students for Entrepreneurship Careers. American International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. Vol. 2 No. 5
- Kisato J. Wandaka I. & Muigai D. (2015).E-Marketing Utilisation among Apparel MSEs in Nairobi, Kenya. African Journal of Textile and Apparel Research vol. 1 issue 1
- Ochola J., Kisato J., Kinuthia L., Mwasiagi J. & Waithaka, A. (2012). Study on the Influence of Fibre Properties on Yarn Imperfections in Ring Spun Yarns. Asian Journal of Textile 2 (3): 32-43, 2012 ISSN 1819-3358/DO1:10.3923/ajt.2012.32.43
April 2017-J.D.Rolle, Iris Billy, Jacqueline Kisato, Roberto Acevedo & Khasadyahu Zarbabal “The Cultural Genogram: Experiential Entrepreneurship through a Global lens.” Presented at the 6th International Conference on Business & Economic Development (ICBED), 10-11th April 2017, New York, USA
March 2017- Women Economic Forum- Paper presentation on Entrepreneurship at United Nation Church house conference in New York, USA.
November 2016- J.D.Rolle, Iris Billy, Jacqueline Kisato & Roberto Acevedo (2016) “Preparing Students for Entrepreneurship Careers October” presented in New York
June 2016-Exploring Corporate Social Responsibility with the Global Community (Collaborative Conference paper (USA, Kenya, Chile & Jamaica) presented in 4th International Academic Conference in Paris (IACP)-2016
May 2014- Best Paper Presenter: Dr. Kisato J. National Commission for Science Technology & Innovation (NACOSTI) 3rd National Science Technology and Innovation week: “Employment Creation through Innovation, Business Incubation and Entrepreneurship Promotion: A Case of Kenyatta University.
May 2014- Wanderi, P., Kisato J. and Mwangi G. (2014) “University Based Incubation and Entrepreneurial Training Initiatives as an Intervention for Urban Youth Unemployment: The Case of Kenyatta University, Kenya. “. Presented at Moi University on 5th-6th May 2014
May 2014-Kisato J., Wandaka I & Muigai D. (2014) Utilisation of E-Marketing Strategies among Apparel MSEs in Nairobi, Kenya. Presented in the Clothing Textile and Apparel conference in Bahir- Dar University, Ethiopia 1st-3rd May 2014.
5 May 2014-Kisato J., Wandaka I & Muigai D. (2014) Social Media Marketing among Fashion MSEs in Nairobi, Kenya. Presented in the Clothing Textile and Apparel conference in Bahir- Dar University, Ethiopia 1st-3rd May 2014.
Trainer Google online Marketing Challenge 2013- Regional finalist in Africa & Middle East
Knowledge Partner –You WinAwards 2013: www. You WinAwards.com
Administrative positions held to date
- E-Learning coordinator- Dept. of Fashion Design & Marketing.
- Master Trainer Student Training for Entrepreneurial Promotion (Africa)
- Website Chairman- School of Applied Human Sciences.
- STEP trainer of trainers – School of Applied Human Sciences.
- Professional Mentor Chandaria Business Innovation and Incubation Centre, Kenyatta University.
- Committee member ODel- School of Applied Human Sciences.