|Position: Associate Professor
Department: Fashion Design And Marketing
Area of Specialization: Home Economics and Clothing Textiles
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100 Nairobi – Kenya
• Association of Third World Studies – Kenyan chapter
• Association of African Women in Research and Development (AAWORD)
• Kenya Home Economics Association
• Home Economics Associations for Africa
• Kenya Professional Association of Women in Agriculture and Environment
• Performance of Silkworm strains in Kenya
• Family and community problems; Implications for reconceptualization of Home Economics in Kenya.
• The status of Women’s Education in public universities in Kenya, A case of Kenyatta University.
• An assessment of Factors Affecting Adoption of Appropriate Technology by rural women in Meru and Kiambu District, Kenya.
• Impact of Home Economics Extension Education in Rural Areas: A Survey of Kiambu District, Kenya.
• Women in the Economic spheres in Urban and Rural Areas. Kiambu.
• Experience of professionals in textiles and clothing careers: A case study of Kenyatta University graduates.
- Carried out Rift Valley Province Jua Kali Exhibition Impact Survey, as a consultant for the Ministry of Research, Technical Training and Technology. June 1995.
- E.K. Nguku (2009) “Performance of Six Bivoltine Bombyx mori (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae) Silkworm Strains in Kenya”. (with A.V. Vijay, S.K. Raina, K.G. Mburugu, O.M. Mugenda & D.M. Kimbu). The Open Entomology Journal 2009, 3, 1=6 A.V. Vijay, S.K.
- Mburugu K.G. (2008) “Quality Testing of Bombyx Mori (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae) Raw Silk and Fabric in Kenya” (with E.K. Nguku & S.K. Raina). In The 5th International Conference of Textile Research Division on Textile Processing: State of the Art & Future Developments. April 6-8, 2008. National Research Centre, Cairo – Egypt, Abstract Book ISSN 1687-2127 Page 87.
- Mburugu K.G. (2008) “Quality Testing of Bombyx Mori (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae) Raw Silk and Fabric in Kenya” (with E.K. Nguku & S.K. Raina). In The 5th International Conference of Textile Research Division on Textile Processing: State of the Art & Future Developments. April 6-8, 2008. National Research Centre, Cairo – Egypt.
- E.K. Nguku, V.V.Adolkar, S.K. Raina, K.G. Mburugu, O.M. Mugenda “Evaluation of Raw Silk Produced by Bivoline Silkworm Bombyx mori L. (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae) Races in Kenya”. Journal of Textile and Apparel Technology and Management. Volume 5, Issue 4, Fall 2007.
- Everlyn NGUKU, Suresh RAINA, Vijay ADOLKAR & Keren MBURUGU, “The Analysis of Silk Fibre using various bombyx mori. L. Races in Kenya.
- International Textile, Clothing and Design Conference (3: 2006: Dubrovnik) Magic World of Textiles: Book of Proceedings/3rd International Textile, Clothing & Design Conference, Dubrovnik, October 8th to 11th , 2006: organized by Faculty of Textile Technology University Technology University of Zagreb (Editor Zvonko Dragcevic). – Zagreb: Faculty of Textile Technology University of Zagreb, Croatia, 2006. ISBN 953- 7105-12-1 Publisher: Faculty of Textile Technology, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia.
- Mburugu K.G. and Kithinji C.T. (2004). “Effects of Environmental Disasters on the Family in Kenya”, Disparities in Science, Technology, Environment, HIV/AIDS and Educations. Volume 2, Association of Third World Studies – Kenya Chapter, ISBN9966-9969 – 19. Pg 70-83.
- Mburugu K.G. and Kithinji C.T. (2003). “HIV/AIDS Challenges Facing Families in Kenya”, The Impact of HIV/AIDS on the Family. Association of Afircan Women for Research and Development (AAWORD – KENYA).
- Mburugu K.G. (1997), “Food Technology – Change Agents Making an Impact. The case of Home Economics” The Journal of Food Technology in Africa. Volume 2 April – June 1997 ISSN 1028-6098.
- Vice-Chancellors Award for Publication, 2001
Conference, Seminars and Workshops:
- 2009: Attended one day workshop on Revitalizing Research at Kenyatta University, 13th February, 2009.
- 2007: Attended two days training workshop for Capacity Building on Rapid Result Initiate at Kenya School of Monetary Studies, 4th – 5th October, 2007. Organized by Kenyatta University and supported by the Public Service and Development, facilitated by Permanent Secretary, Office of the President.
- 2006: Attended a Training Seminar for Top management Briefing on ISO 9000 standard by Kenyatta University.
- 2004: Participated in ODI/CSOs Evidence and Policy Influence: Regional Workshop, to provide a forum for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Kenya to discuss the opportunities and challenges they face when they try to inform policy and share experiences about what works and doesn’t work; learn about the latest world wide research and practice in development programs and identify gaps for future work, organized by The African Energy Policy Research Network (AFREPREN) and UKODI. 2nd December 2004 at Jacaranda Hotel, Nairobi.
- 2004: Participated in International Conference on Female Genital Mutilations: developing a political, legal and social environment to implement the Maputo Protocol; organized by Government of the Republic of Kenya and No Peace Without Justice (NPWT) in partnership with Local Civil Society Organizations; Italian Corporation; UNICEF; The European Commission and CIDA/GESP. Kenyatta International /conference Centre (KICC) Nairobi, 16th – 18th September 2004.
• M.Sc -8
• M.Ed -4
• Ph.D- 4
• Currently External Examiner, Maseno University, Department of Design and Enterior Design.
• External Examiner for Kagumo Teachers College in Home Science Examinations (1989 – 1996).
• Member of Editorial Committee of the Journal of Food Technology in Africa (1997)
Last Updated on Friday, 10 November 2017 11:25