Dr. IRENE AWUOR OWUOR
Department: Department of Population, Reproductive Health and Community Resource Management
Contact Address: 43844-00100, Nairobi-Kenya
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Community Resource Management from Kenyatta University (2014-2018)
- Master of Arts in Development Studies from International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) of Erasmus University in The Netherlands (Sept. 2009- Dec. 2010)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Leadership for Community Development from Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) in Arusha, Tanzania (Apr.2005-Apr. 2006)
- Bachelor of Science in Home science & Technology from Maseno University (Oct. 1998- Oct.2002)
- Implementing Alternative Care in East Africa: Policy, Trends and Best Practices for Children Deprived of Parental Care
- Use of Smartboard in Teaching
- Youth-friendly Services Training
Relationship between Socio-demographic Characteristics of Motorcycle Taxi Riders and their Socio-economic Wellbeing: Case of Homa Bay County, Kenya
Maternal Mortality: Can Kenya successfully reduce maternal mortality rate by 75% by 2015?
(The Hague, Institute of Social Studies, 2009)
- Relationship between Socio-demographic Characteristics of Motorcycle Taxi Riders and their Socio-economic Wellbeing: Case of Homa Bay County, Kenya
- Socially excluded? Kenyan Elderly and Participation
- Maternal Mortality: Can Kenya successfully reduce maternal mortality rate by 75% by 2015?
- Socio-political factors that aggravate poverty in Nyajure village of Bondo Constituency, Kenya
- Importance of exclusive breastfeeding for babies for the first six months of life.
- Institutional factors hindering delivery of proper health care to children under five in Kenya’s Public Health facilities.
Conference Attendance and Presentations
- Barriers to providing girls with equitable, quality education in Migori County, Kenya-Presented at a conference in July 2012 in Kampala, Uganda.
- Challenges faced by children living in Internally Displaced Persons’ Camps in Nyanza Province during 2007/2008 Post-election Violence-Presented at UNICEF office, Kisumu in June 2008
Administrative Positions held at the School of Public Health and Applied Human Sciences and Department of Population, Reproductive Health & Community Resource Management at Kenyatta University
- Departmental Post-Graduate Studies Coordinator
- Departmental representative at the School Welfare Committee
- Departmental representative at the School e-learning Committee
- Departmental Community Outreach and Extension Programs Coordinator
- Departmental Welfare Coordinator
- Departmental e-learning Coordinator
Membership to Organizations
Life member of Kenya Red Cross Society