Ms.IRENE AWUOR OWUOR
|Position: Tutorial Fellow
Department: Community Resource Management & Extension
Contact Address: 43844-00100, Nairobi-Kenya
Research interests: Community development, Maternal and Child Health, Leadership Development, Community Participation & empowerment.
Maternal Mortality: Can Kenya successfully reduce maternal mortality rate by 75% by 2015? (The Hague, Institute of Social Studies, 2009)
- Socially excluded? Kenyan Elderly and Participation
- Maternal Mortality: Can Kenya successfully reduce maternal mortality rate by 75% by 2015?
- Socio-Political factors that aggravate poverty in Nyajure village of Bondo Constituency
- Importance of exclusive breastfeeding for babies for the first six months of life.
- Institutional factors hindering delivery of proper health care to children under five in Kenya’s Public Health facilities.
- Barriers to providing girls with equitable, quality education in Rongo Constituency in Migori County., Kenya-Presented at a conference in July 2012 in Kampala, Uganda.
- Challenges faced by children living in Internally Displaced Persons’ Camps in Nyanza Province during 2007/2008 Post-election Violence-Presented at UNICEF office, Kisumu in June 2008.
- Patron of Peace Ambassadors Club (KU Chapter)