Position: Part- Time Lecturer
Department: Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics
Area of Specialization:Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics
Contact Address: P.O Box 43844 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Download Full CV
- 2015: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics Kenyatta University, Kenya.
- 2007: Master of Science (MSC) in Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics Kenyatta University, Kenya
- 1993: Bachelor of Science(BSc) Agriculture With Home Economics Egerton University Kenya
- 1980: Diploma In Agriculture with Home Economics Egerton College, Kenya.
- Gladys Njura Gitau, Judith O. Kimiywe, Judith N. Waudo, December 2014 Investigating Iron Status of Women by Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN 978-3-659-64061-2
- Gladys Njura Gitau, Judith O. Kimiywe, Judith N. Waudo and Dorcus Mbithe, 2013, Effects of Nutrition Education on Nutrition Knowledge and Iron Status in Primary School Pupils of Gatanga District, Muranga County, Kenya, Current Research in Nutrition and Food Science, Vol. 1(2), 115-123 (2013) http://dx.doi.org/10.12944/CRNFSJ.1.2.02
- Book Chapter: Book Title – Gender Inequalities in the Developing Countries- Gladys Njura Gitau, Professor Judith Kimiywe, Professor Judith Waudo, 2007, Food Intake and Iron Status of lactating and Non-Lactating Mothers in Kenya (Article 7).Serials Publications, New Delhi India.
Other Publications i was involved in preparation
- Ministry of Agriculture Nutrition Technical Updates 2015
- Ministry of Agriculture Nutrition Technical Updates 2014
- Ministry of Agriculture and Public health and sanitation Basic Nutrition Tool Kit and Manual for trainers of trainers sponsored by USAID, 2013
- Cassava Recipe Book by Red Cross Kenya, 2012.
- Ministry of Agriculture Hiv & AIDs Mainstreaming Strategy 2011
- Ministry of Agriculture Hiv/AIDs Guidelines 2011
- Ministry of Agriculture Nutrition Technical Updates 2007 and 2009
- Ministry of Agriculture Recipe book for People Living with Hiv/AIDS 2009
- Ministry Of Agriculture Population Education Manual 2008
- Ministry of Agriculture Njaa Marufuku Nutrition Manual 2007
- Gladys Njura Gitau, Judith O. Kimiywe, Judith N. Waudo and Dorcus Mbithe, 2015, Effects of Nutrition Education on Haemoglobin Levels of Primary School Pupils of Gatanga Sub-county, Murang’a County, Kenya. A Paper Presented at the African Food and Nutrition(AFNF) Forum held at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 27-29th October, 2015
- Gladys Njura Gitau, Judith O. Kimiywe, Judith N. Waudo and Dorcus Mbithe, 2014, Paper A036-Effects of Nutrition and Health Education on Worm Status and Anaemia in Primary School Pupils of Gatanga Sub-county, Muranga County, Kenya . A Paper Presented at the International/ Africa’s Nutrition Conference Held at North Coast Beach Hotel Mombasa, Kenya ,10-14th March, 2014.
Affiliation to Professional Bodies
- Kenya Society For Agricultural Professionals ( KESAP)
- Kenya Nutritionists and Dietetics Institute (KNDI)
- Kenya Professional Women In Agriculture and Environment (KEPAWAE)