Department: Fashion Design and Marketing
Area of Specialization: Home Economics (Clothing and Textiles)
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100,Nairobi – Kenya
Telephone Number:8710901 Extension 57438 (Cisco) 4532
Mobile Number:0715456695 / 0720380866
Download as pdf
- 2010:Ngwiri, L. N. and Tumuti D. W. (2010): Challenging Parenting: What Every Parent of an Adolescent should know. Published by Morning Dew Counseling Services, Nairobi.
- 2008:Tumuti D. W., and Kang’ethe R. W. (2008) Operational Manual for Students’ Community Service Programme for the Directorate of Kenyatta University, Community Outreach and Extension Programmes.
Chapters in Book (s)
- 2012:Mugenda O. M, Tumuti D. W. (2012) “A Case Study on Kenyatta University and Equity Bank Linkage for Strengthening Higher Education Stakeholder Relationship in Africa” Submitted to be published in the AAU Annual Report.
- 2010:Tumuti D. W. (2010), A profile on: Kenyatta University Community Outreach and Extension Programmes. Published in Kenyatta University 25th anniversary of Academic Excellence and Community Service Book (Pg 190-191).
- 2005:Tumuti, D. W. (2005) Home Economics Teachers syllabus for Primary Schools in Somalia. Published in Kang’ethe, R. K., (S.Ed.), Teachers Training Syllabus for Primary School Teachers (pp. 34-158) Hargeisa, Somaliland.
- 1995:Tumuti D. W. (1995) ‘The Role of Home Economics in Clothing Industry Implications for Home Economics Reconceptualization published in a book edited by Prof. Olive Mugenda, Kenya Home Economics Association 1995. Ngatho Publications, Nairobi, Kenya.
Articles in Refereed Journals
a).Journal Articles Authored jointly with students
- 2012:Ireri A. M., Tumuti D. W., (2012) ‘Sources of VCT Information and Reasons for Use and Non-use of VCT Services by Young People in Selected Rural Locations of Kenya’. A research paper published in an International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow Vol. 1 No. 2.
- 2008:Muoki M. A., Tumuti D. W., Rombo G. O., (2008) ‘Nutrition and Public Hygiene Among Children Under Five Years of Age in Mukuru Slums of Makadara Division, Nairobi’. A research paper published in East African Medical Journal Vol. 85 No. 8 August, 2008.
- Journal Articles Authored jointly with others
- 2013:Tumuti D. W., Wanderi P. M. & Thoruwa C. L., (2013) ‘Benefits of University-Industry Partnerships: The Case of Kenyatta University and Equity Bank’. International Journal of Business and Social Sciences Vol. 4 No. 7: July 2013.
- 2012:Tumuti D. W., Ireri A. M., & Wachira J. T. (2012) ‘Relationship Guidance Sources Fears and Reasons for Marriage among Young Urban Christians in Kenya’. A research paper published in scientific and Academic International Journal of Prevention and Treatment 2012, 1(2): 31-39.
- Journal Articles Authored alone
- 1992:Tumuti D. W. (1992) ‘Effects of Working Mothers on Child Development in Kenya’. Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1982. 23p Washington DC.
- 1992:Tumuti D. W. (1992) ‘In-service Training Needs of the Home Economics Extension Agents in Nyeri District, Kenya’. A research paper published in Maseno Journal of Education Vol.1No.2
- 1991:Tumuti D. W. (1991) ‘The Nature of Work and Problems of Rural Women in Kenya: Implication for Home Economics’. Distributed by ERIC Clearinghouse, 1982. 23p Washington DC.
b).Journal Articles awaiting Publication
- 2013:Tumuti D.W., Mule L. W., Gecaga M. & Mang’uriu D. (2013) “Enhancing Graduate Employment Through Community Engagement: The Case of Students’ Community Service at Kenyatta University”. A project paper submitted for publication in International Journal of Educational Development.
- 2012:Tumuti D. W., Mang’uriu D. Kimutai G. W., & Wachira. J. T., (2012) “Enhancing University Students Financial Attitude Practices through Training and Mentorship”. A research paper submitted for publication in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- 2011:Tumuti D. W., Bosibori E. O., Kimemia W. M. & Nguku E., (2011) “Employment Status and In-service Training Needs of the 2000-2009 Tailoring and Dressmaking Graduates of Outreach Trade Skills Training Centre at Kenyatta University”. Submitted for publication in the Journal of Textiles and Light Industrial Science and Technology.
- 2011:Tumuti D. W., Mbugua G., & Kinuthia L., (2011) “A Comparison of Cotton Fibers with Agave Americana and Triumffeta Tomentonsa fibers produced in Kenya as alternative textile fibers”. Submitted for publication in the International Journal of Fibers and Textile Research).
- 2010:Ondigi A. N., Mugenda O. M., Maina L., Tumuti D. W., & Muriuki J.,(2010) “Psychosocial Determinants of Quality of Life Among Kenyan Families”. A research paper submitted for publication in the International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences.
c).Articles in Conference Proceedings
- 1997:Tumuti D. W. (April, 1997) ‘Research Abstract published in Home Economics Association for Africa, Third All-Africa Conference on Home Economics for Empowerment and Development; Implication for Reconceptualization.
- 1991:Tumuti D. W. (1991) ‘Family Resource and Management”published in a seminar proceeding for In-service Training for Home Economics Extension Officers organized by Agriculture and Home Economics Programme in Kenya and funded by National Board of Education in Finland held in Nakuru.
- 1991:Tumuti D. W. (1991) “Human Growth and Development and Family Relations” published in a seminar proceeding for In-service Training for Home Economics Extension Officers organized by Agriculture and Home Economics Programme in Kenya and funded by National Board of Education in Finland held in Nakuru.
Last Updated on Friday, 10 November 2017 12:21