Area of Specialization: Community Resource Management, Family and Consumer Sciences
Research Interests: Gender Based Violence, Youth sexuality and Development, Community Development, Program Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
Ph. D Department of Community Resource Management and Extension Kenyatta University (2014)
Master of Science (Family and Consumer Sciences)
Kenyatta University (2006)
Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management
Institute of Personnel Management (2002).
Bachelor of Education (Home Economics)
Kenyatta University (1999)
- Gender Based Violence
- Youth Sexuality and Development
- Joan K. Muriithi, Analysis of Intimate Partner Violence Among women in shelter homes in Kenya., Nairobi, 23rd June 2014
- Joan K. Muriithi, Ngige W. Lucy and Kimani N. Elishiba, Perceptions of Predisposing Factors To Intimate Partner Violence by Women Survivors In Selected Shelter Homes In Kenya Nairobi, Kenya, 1st – 3rd August 2012
- Dr. L. Kathuri. J.Kieru, Joan K. Muriithi & P. Ndayala, From Replication to Analysis: Experiences of the Adoption of Innovative Assessment and Evaluation Strategies by the Department of Community Resource Management & Extension, Kenyatta University, UPEI, Canada
- Joan K. Muriithi, Dr. L. Ngige & Prof. O. Mugenda, Factors associated with cohabitation among university students in Nairobi, Kenya. Mombasa, Kenya. 20th -24th July 2010
- Joan K. Muriithi, Socio-economic determinants of cohabitation among Kenyatta University students: Towards New Directions in Students Mentorship, Nairobi, Kenya 8th - 10th July 2009
- Joan K. Muriithi, “Measures of survival: A survey on the sexual and Reproductive Health risks of women in sub-Saharan Africa”. Nairobi, Kenya 11th February 2009
- Joan K. Muriithi, Achievements of the Society for Women and AIDS in Kenya Male Initiative program Accra, Ghana 21st-24th November, 2005
- Research team Member - IDRC funded project entitled ‘An Evidence-Based Approach to Enhancing Kenyan University Student Training and Preparation for Professional Practice’ 2013-2015 – Kenyatta University and University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) in Canada.
- Principle Researcher 2010-2014:Analysis of Intimate Partner Violence Among women in shelter homes in Kenya (PhD) research
- Principle Investigator, Factors that lead to the prevalence and practice of cohabitation among University Students in Nairobi, Kenya (2002-2006)
- Lucy Kathuri-Ogola, Charlene VanLeeuwen, Joan Kabaria-Muriithi, Lori E. Weeks 2015:Supervision Challenges Encountered During Kenyan University Students’ Practicum Attachment Journal of Education and Practice www.iiste.org Vol.6, No.17, 2015:ISSN 2222-1735 (Paper) ISSN 2222-288X (Online)
- Joan Kabaria-Muriithi Lucy Ngige & Elishiba Kimani :2012:Factors Predisposing women to Intimate Partner Violence (ipv)in Kenya .International Journal of Academic Research Reflector Vol. 1, No.6, pp.121-128., Nov-Dec., 2012 ISSN 2277-7342 (Online)
- Kabaria-Muriithi, J., Ngige, L.W., & Mugenda, O. M , 2011, Factors associated with cohabitation among university students in Nairobi, Kenya. Revista de Investigacion Social, vol 9 Mexico D.F., pp.109-136.