Areas of specialization:
Maternal and Child Nutrition/Health
Micronutrient Deficiencies and Infant Young Child Feeding
- 2015:Seminar presentation: Title ‘Effectiveness of Mother-to-mother Support Groups in Promoting Exclusive Breastfeeding in Igembe North Sub-County,Meru County, Kenya. A Randomized Trial’. At Kenyatta University Graduate School.
- 2015:Workshop on maternal, infant and young child nutrition, African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC).
- 2015:Workshop on Social Return on Nutrition Interventions , APHRC
- 2015:Training in supervision of postgraduates (Masters and PhD students) in writing thesis, Kenyatta University Graduate School.
- 2015:Training in plagiarism detection in theses, Kenyatta University Library Services Directorate.
- 2015:Workshop on writing learning modules, Kenyatta University
- 2014:Workshop on Gender and HIV/AIDS, Kenyatta University
- 2012:Proposal writing skills. Graduate School, Kenyatta University
- 2011:Kenyatta University
- 2011:Moodle ODEL online tutorials by ODEL, Kenyatta University
- 2011:E-Resources Training Course by ITOCA, TEEAL and Kenyatta University. Funded by Kenyatta University and ITOCA
- 2011:ISO 9000 Management training, Kenyatta University Management.
- 2011:Nutrition programs implementation and monitoring, surveys and assessments by UNFSAU and Kenyatta University.
- 2008:Project impact assessment and accountability in emergencies conducted by Islamic Relief-UK in Addis Ababa.
- 2008:Two-weeks training in management of humanitarian emergencies with emphasizes on nutrition management. Carried out at ACF-France HQ in Paris, France.
- 2004:United Nations Food Security Analysis Unit (FAO Somalia)Workshop: Food security assessment, nutritional surveillance and response in emergencies.
- Chief Investigator: Mother-to-Mother Support Group Project in Igembe North Sub-County, Meru County.
- Project Title ‘Effectiveness of Mother-to-mother Support Groups in Promoting Exclusive Breastfeeding in Igembe North Sub-County,Meru County, Kenya. A Randomized Trial’. A Project funded by the National Council of Science and Technology (NCST) for my PhD Thesis.
- Chief Investigator: Food consumption patterns and dietary practices survey in Meru Central District, Kenya. A baseline survey for double fortification of salt (iodine & iron). A Project funded by Micronutrient Initiative (MI), (CIDA in association with University of Toronto), University of Nairobi (ANP) and UNICEF (in association with the Kenya Medical Research Institute-KEMRI). This project proposal was initially written for my MSc studies at University of Nairobi.
- Effectiveness of Mother-to-mother Support Groups in Promotion of Exclusive Breastfeeding in Meru County, Kenya. A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Food Consumption and Dietary Patterns in Timau, Meru. A baseline study for double salt fortification funded by Micronutrient Initiative of Canada (2004)
Affiliation to Professional Bodies
- Kenya Nutrition and Dietitians Institute member
Administrative positions held to date
- Departmental Board Secretary, Dept. Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics (FND)
- Member, Departmental Admissions and Credit Waivers Committee (FND)