Dr. Peter M. Chege
Name: Dr.Peter M. Chege (PhD)
Principal researcher: Prevalence and determinants of the dual burden of malnutrition and lifestyle diseases among adults living with disability in Nakuru county, Kenya funded by KU (155,000 USD) (2016)
Module writer: Use of food composition table in food and nutrition funded by EDULINK (1,250 €) (2014 – ongoing)
Module writer: Data base on diets of different populations during life cycle funded by EDULINK (2,000 €) (2014 – ongoing)
Principal researcher: Resilience and economic growth in the arid lands (REGAL-IR) project –improving nutritional resilience in Kenya’s arid and semi-arid lands (ASALS) funded by USAID/REGAL IR/ GAIN (483,423 US$) (2013 – 2016)
Co-principal researcher: Enhancement of the nutritional content of complementary foods through agricultural interventions in rural Kenya Funded by USAID/GAIN (313,498US$) (2012 -2013)
- Peter Chege and Margaret Oloko (2017). Influence of generic strategies on performance of large dairy firms in Kenya. European Journal of Business and Management www.iiste.org. ISSN 2222-1905 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2839.
- Jane Mbijiwe, Peter Chege & Ann Munyaka. (2017). Relationship between body mass index and blood pressure level in hypertensive patients attending Kiambu district hospital, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN: 2249-9571.
- Peter Chege and Olive Muthamia, (2017). Level of micronutrient supplements uptake among people living with HIV/AIDS in Kayole, Nairobi County, Kenya. Journal of AIDS and HIV Research Vol. 9 (4), pp. 74-80, April 2017. DOI: 10.5897/JAHR2017.0414 ISSN: 2141-2359
- Peter Chege & Elizabeth Kuria (2017).Relationship between nutrition knowledge of caregivers and dietary practices of children under five in Kajiado County, Kenya. Women's Health Bulletin.e43820, DOI: 10.17795/whb-43820
- Willy Kiboi, Judith Kimiywe & Peter Chege. (2017). Determinants of dietary diversity among pregnant women in Laikipia County, Kenya: A cross-sectional study. BMC Nutrition. 2017) 3:12. DOI 10.1186/s40795-017-0126-6
- Judith Kimiywe and Peter Chege. (2017). Determinants of Complementary Feeding and Nutrition Status of Children 6-23 Months in Vihiga County, Kenya. BAOJ Pediatrics. BAOJ Pediat 2017, 3: 13: 032
- Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe, (2016): Micronutrient and Microbial Quality Assessment of Solar Dried Amaranth (Amaranthus Cruentus) Leaves Produced in Kajiado County Kenya. Nutrition and Food Technology journal. ISSN 2470-6086. Open Access 3(1): doi http://dx.doi. org/10.16966/2470-6086.135
- Samuel Msanzu, Peter Chege, Winfred Maoga (2016). Household Food Security, Dietary Practices and Nutritional Status of Preschool Children in Bahari Division, Kilifi County, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN: ISSN: 2249-9571.
- Phrashiah Githinji, Peter Chege, Scolastica Githinji (2016). Nutritional Status and School Performance among Upper Primary Children in Selected Public Schools in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN: ISSN: 2249-9571.
- Marieke Vossenaar, Frances A Knight, Alison Tumilowicz, Christine Hotz, Peter Chege and Elaine L Ferguson (2016). Context-specific complementary feeding recommendations developed using Optifood could improve the diets of breast-fed infants and young children from diverse livelihood groups in northern Kenya. Public Health Nutrition. doi:10.1017/S1368980016003116.
- Peter Chege, Zipporah W. Ndungu. (2016). Opportunities and limitations of using food composition tables in clinical nutrition and dietetics in Kenya. EC Nutrition. EC Nutrition 5.6 (2016): 1266-1276.
- Peter Chege, Olive Muthamia, (2016). Effects of seasonality on household food security and food consumption patterns of pastoralist’s children in Kajiado County, Kenya. EC Nutrition. EC Nutrition 5.6 (2016): 1266-1276.
- Peter Chege, Zipporah W. Ndungu. (2016). Expressing breast milk; constraints among working lactating mothers in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Current Advanced Research. Vol 5, Issue 10, pp 1397-1399, October 2016 journalijcar.org. ISSN: 2319 – 6475
- Hellen Nyakundi, Beatrice Awori and Peter Chege (2016). Effectiveness of Placement Options for Learners with Hearing impairment in Kajiado North Sub-County, Kajiado County, Kenya. International Journal of Arts and Commerce. Vol. 5 No. 7. October 2016. ISSN: 1929-7106.
- Patrick Mucheru,Judith Waudo & Peter Chege (2016).Relationship between Maternal Knowledge on Exclusive Breastfeeding and Breastfeeding Practices Among Mothers with Infants (0-6 Months) in Kibera Slums,Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN:2249-9571-09/09/2016.
- Peter Chege, Zipporah W. Ndungu, Betty Makena. (2016). Food security and nutritional status of children under-five in households affected by HIV and AIDS in Kiandutu informal settlement, Kiambu County, Kenya. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition. ISSN 1606 0997.35:21. DOI: 10.1186/s41043-016-0058-9. Published: 22 July 2016
- Peter Chege, Zipporah Ndungu (2016). Analysis of Contamination Points of Milk through the Whole Value Chain Process and the Quality of Milk Products in the Dairy Industry. Chapter in the Book of Food Quality Control. http://www.avidscience.com/book/food-quality-control/ http://www.avidscience.com/
- Willy Kiboi, Judith Kimiywe & Peter Chege (2016). Dietary Diversity, Nutrient Intake and Nutritional Status among Pregnant Women in Laikipia County, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN: 2249-9571 - 31/03/2016.
- Elaine Ferguson, Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe, Doris Wiesmann and Christine Hotz. (2016). Zinc, iron and calcium are major limiting nutrients in the complementary diets of rural Kenyan children maternal and child nutrition journal (pages 6–20). Article first published online: 17 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/mcn.12243. ISSN 1740-8709
- Christine Hotz, Gretel Pelto, Margaret Armar-Klemesu, Elaine F. Ferguson, Peter Chege and Enock Musinguzi. (2016). Constraints and opportunities for implementing nutrition-specific, agricultural and market-based approaches to improve nutrient intake adequacy among infants and young children in two regions of rural Kenya (pages 39–54). Article first published online: 17 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/mcn.12245. ISSN 1740-8709
- Peter Chege and Hannah Orwa Bula,2015:Effect of Generic Strategies on the Performance of Dairy Industries in Kenya. A Case of Kenya Cooperative Creameries. International Journal of Education and Research. www.ijern.com,ISSN 2411-5681 Vol. 3 No. 12
- Peter Chege and Hannah Orwa Bula,2015:The Effect of Market Forces on Performance of Dairy Industries in Kenya. A Case of Kenya Cooperative Creameries European Journal of Business and Management www.iiste.org,ISSN 2222-1905 (Paper),ISSN 2222-2839 (Online) Vol.7, No.35, 2015 196
- Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe,Zipporah W.Ndungu,2015:Influence of culture on dietary practices of children under five years among Maasai Pastoralists in Kajiado, Kenya . International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity,ISSN NO 1479-5868-7-39 2015, 12:131 doi:10.1186/s12966-015-0284-3. http://www.ijbnpa.org/content/12/1/131
- Elaine Ferguson, Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe, Doris Weismann , Christine Hotz and Enock Musinguzi,2015:Modification of Local Diets Could Fill Gaps in B-Vitamin Intakes but Calcium, Iron, and Zinc Intake Gaps Require External Solutions for Breastfed Children in Rural Kenya,European Journal of Nutrition & Food Safety ,473-474, 2015, Article no. EJNFS.2015.122 ISSN:2347-5641,www. sciencedomain.org
- Hellen Nyakundi, Beatrice Awori and Peter Chege,2015:Factors Influencing the Placement of Learners with Hearing Impairment in Learning Institutions in Kajiado North Sub-County, Kajiado County, Kenya International Journal of Education and Research,ISSN 2411-5681 Vol. 3 No. 4, April 2015. www.ijern.com/journal/2015/April-2015/18
- Judith Kimiywe and Peter Chege,2015:Complementary Feeding Practices and Nutritional Status of Children 6-23 Months In Kitui County, Kenya. Journal of Applied Biosciences 85:7881– 7890 (www.biosciences.elewa.org)ISSN 1997–5902.http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/jab.v85i1.10
- Olive Muthamia, Peter Chege,2015:Determinants of Adherence to Anti Retroviral Therapy among Adults Living With HIV in Urban Low Income Settings: A Case of Kayole Division in Nairobi County, Kenya .International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR),ISSN 2249-9571 Vol. 5; Issue: 1 (January 2015). Pages: 230-239
- Peter Chege, Elizabeth Kuria, Judith Kimiywe, Hudson Nyambaka,2015:Changes in Nutrient Content for β-Carotene, Iron and Zinc in Solar Dried and Stored Amaranthus cruentus Vegetables, in Kenya. International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research Volume 3, Issue 3, ISSN (Online) 2319-1473
- Peter Chege, Elizabeth Kuria, Judith Kimiywe, Hudson Nyambaka,2014:Retention of Β- Carotene, Iron and Zinc in Solar Dried Amaranth Leaves in Kajiado County, Kenya .International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR) ISSN 2307-4531
- Peter Chege, Elizabeth Kuria , Judith Kimiywe,2010:A comparative Study on Dietary Practices on Nutritional Status among Children living with HIV/AIDs in Kibera slum, Nairobi, Kenya.Journal of Applied Biosciences 32:2008-2014 (www.biosciences.elewa.org),ISSN `1997-5902