1. The School of Applied Human Sciences graduated three (3) PhD candidates during the 35th Graduation Ceremony held on 20th December, 2013, and another four (4) during the 36th Graduation Ceremony.
2. The School has also realized an increase in the number of graduands of Master of Science candidates. During the 35th and 36th graduation ceremonies, a total of 13 candidates graduated.
3. The Department of Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics was audited by the Kenya Nutritionists and Dieteticians Institute (KNDI) and awarded a Certificate of Compliance .
4. The Department of Community Resource Management & Extension is developing a Baby Care Centre that aims at advancing the 6 months breastfeeding programme within the University and to provide a safe environment for nurturing 3 – 18 months old, among other objectives.
5. The Department of Recreation Management & Exercise Science has developed a proposal for upgrading the Campsite which is also the department’s income generating project.
6. The Department of Fashion Design & Marketing has presented a proposal for the establishment of a Fashion Boutique at the University.
7. The School has established a Research & Publications Committee which will work towards writing of research funding proposals.
I am a third year student pursuing a degree in Fashion Design and Marketing. My experience in this university has been great and I can now boast of various skills that I have been trained in. I am now confidently mentoring other aspiring designers to take up fashion design. I aspire to be one of the greatest fashion designers of my time.
I wish to appreciate my former department CRM for enabling me to get a rewarding career working with communities. I am proud of the difference i make in the lives of millions of the children through my work. I work for Bridge International Academies as a community training officer. Thank you CRM.
School of Applied Human Sciences